Re: Work-needing packages report for Sep 6, 2002

And on Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> I'm interested in whole of Debian rebuilding from source.
>
> These packages are a burden to me.

I understand. Which brings me back to the proposition I made before.
Wouldn't it be better to just have some kind of way to _tag_ unmaintained
packages, so that f.ex. QA can look at the package and then just
decide: "this is not an important package, we'll not bother with it" and
leave in unstable without paying any more attention to it. Similary for Junichi
Uekawa who could just say: "I'm not building unmaintained packages".

And in case there are packages that _are_ important and unmaintained, then
solving the problem by just letting them drop out of Debian automatically
would be problematic anyway.

?
*t

    ma