Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 12:57:10PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > I agree, filing bugs and direct mails are much better than -devel-announce
> > posts, much less likely for one to skip by accident IMHO.
>
> That depends on your mail-setup. IMHO it's reasonable to expect from DDs
> to follow -devel-announce without accidently overlooking a post there or
> two.

I follow it, and I saw that post, but I have forty packages, and I'm not
sure offhand if any of them have Perl dependencies strict enough to warrant
changes for Perl 5.8. At that particular time, I didn't really read all of
it because I was busy with other things. But I can assure you that I would
have cast other things aside to look closely at this if the post said "Your
package <something> is <something>".

Writing a direct mail is socially less error-prone, and technically
absolutely trivial, so I see no reason not to do it.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.