Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

* Raphael Hertzog (hertzog@debian.org) wrote:
> Policy doesn't rule the NMUs. There's no rule for NMUs, just
> guidelines ... and the guideline during a BSP are "NMU without prior
> notification but upload to DELAYED in order to leave some time to the
> maintainer if he's not happy with the NMU".

The guidelines *also* state that you should not NMU a package which
obviously has an active maintainer.  This just wastes everyone's time
involved.  I've now had *two* people attempt to NMU one of my packages
when there was an open bug on the problem which I had responded to
already, and will deal with.

> So please ... don't complain about NMUers when they are only trying ot
> help you !

NMUers are wasteing everyone's time when they don't use common sense,
which is even explicitly requested of them in the guidelines.

	Stephen