Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

Elie Rosenblum <fnord@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 06:37:52PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
[Trivial NMU which was needed for perl-5.8 transition was made on BSP
to delayed queue without beforehand notice to the maintainer]
> Please delete your uploads. You are violating policy.

Hello,
Could you please show me the respective line in policy?

You did get some mail notice (including the changelog of the NMU)
before the package was/is going to be installed, didn't you?

> For debian-devel: The NMU here was made to rebuild for perl 5.8;
> no other changes would have been necessary.
[...]

Why are you upset about it? Was the quality of the NMU bad? One of the
main points of a BSP is afaik that you can make NMUs to delayed
_without_ previous notice to the maintainer.
                 cu andreas (no debian developer)
--
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest _tin_
http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~ametzler/debian/tin-snapshot/