Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 06:37:52PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Hi Elie!
>
> You wrote:
>
> > Why did you NMU this instead of submitting a bug?
> > This is inappropriate.
>
> Well, it's the intent of a bug squashing party to _decrease_ the number
> of RC bugs, not to increase it. Also, we're trying to get the perl
> transition done this weekend.
> Of course, I could've mailed you beforehand, but the fix is trivial, so
> I didn't really see the need for that.
>
> > I maintain several perl libraries, and it would be easier if I just did
> > them all at once.
>
> Which you can still do. I uploaded to DELAYED, so sooner uploads will
> be prefered by the installer.

I also don't see a bug submitted with this. If you're submitting
NMU's, you sure as hell better be submitting bugs with patches (or
the fact that no patch is required other than rebuilding with an
updated system).

Please delete your uploads. You are violating policy.

For debian-devel: The NMU here was made to rebuild for perl 5.8;
no other changes would have been necessary.

What is the concensus on this? I'm not talking out of my ass here,
am I?

--
Elie Rosenblum                 That is not dead which can eternal lie,
http://www.cosanostra.net   And with strange aeons even death may die.