Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 09:16:24AM +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:

> In the case of something so trivial as causing a recompile for a
> problem that has been known for some time the warning given by the
> delayed upload should be enough.

While a recompile *should* be trivial they still have the potential to
break things.

For example, I'm currently in the middle of preparing a NMU for a
package.  As in this case the NMU involves no code changes (a tweak to
the control file is all) but unfortunately a simple recompile of the
package produces binaries that fail to work.  This is unquestionably a
bug in the package but it's not something that would have been shown up
if someone simply rebuilt without properly testing.