Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 07:24:46PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> You did get some mail notice (including the changelog of the NMU)
> before the package was/is going to be installed, didn't you?

Our reference states that this should occur via the BTS.  There is good
reason for that -- in particular, it allows the maintainer to track the
progress of their packages in a single location.  It also allows OTHER
developers to figure out what the status it.

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-nmu

> Why are you upset about it? Was the quality of the NMU bad? One of the
> main points of a BSP is afaik that you can make NMUs to delayed
> _without_ previous notice to the maintainer.

I see no reason that a BSP should be a "sanctioned but undocumented
exception to procedure".  Why not follow standard procedures?