Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 12:42:20PM -0400, Elie Rosenblum wrote:
> I also don't see a bug submitted with this. If you're submitting
> NMU's, you sure as hell better be submitting bugs with patches (or
> the fact that no patch is required other than rebuilding with an
> updated system).
>
> Please delete your uploads. You are violating policy.
>
> For debian-devel: The NMU here was made to rebuild for perl 5.8;
> no other changes would have been necessary.
>
> What is the concensus on this? I'm not talking out of my ass here,
> am I?

The perl 5.8 transition was announced several weeks ago (to
-devel-announce, which everybody reads, right?), and there was an
opportunity to upload packages to a staging area so that the transition
in unstable would be less painful. The uploads that have been made this
weekend are for those packages that didn't take advantage of the several
weeks' notice that were given.

If you don't want the NMU, *please* make a maintainer upload. That's the
point of the delayed queue.