Re: Planned packages for sarge

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 11:13, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Jérôme Marant

> | > hopefully, yes.
> |
> | FB + bogl I guess?
>
> either that or gtkfb or whatever people decide to use.  ATM, the UI is
> not my top priority, though I try to keep it in the back of my head.

If it's feasible to do so, it might be nice to have GTK on top of the
fbdev X server as an option.  Right now, using X seems to be the only
way to input Japanese text, for example.  X will also run on more
hardware than bogl will today (e.g. planar and monochrome displays)
though adding more support to bogl is not that hard.

p.