Re: Planned packages for sarge

Le Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 09:19:53AM +0200, Eduard Bloch écrivait:
> Oh. And mine looks different.

Well, that's yours, not Debian's one.

> aph was generaly busy in last months. I volunteer for maintaining B-F
> for the Stable branch and required development.

Great, maintain whatever you want, but don't take man power away from
d-i which is our next installer.

> You do not see the point. You are fixed on having right and presume that
> there is a law prescribing to use D-I for Sarge. But, come on, show us

Yes, that's the goal. We shouldn't suppose that boot-floppies is going
to be used otherwiser nobody will ever work on d-i... but d-i is going
to be better and we want people to work on d-i instead of boot-floppies.

Nevertheless if you want to keep boot-floppies usable (without
implementing new features ...), I'm sure that aj will be happy so that
we have a chance to use them if d-i is really not ready.

> any live signs from D-I. Eg. success reports from more than i386.

Sure, your help to get it work on more than i386 is appreciated.

Cheers,