Re: Monster's Inc characters? (was Re: Woody++ (IMDB Research Provides the Answer))

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Jesus Climent wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 10:21:07PM +0300, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 02:43:30PM +0200, Roland Mas wrote:
> > > Reminds me of the systems in Elite games...  Achenar, anyone?

You will have to use the core words of Elite, they're the only ones that
remain constant through various implementations of the game.

I believe some reverse engineering to root out the ones whose names are
hardcoded would give us some 5 or 6 names.

> > Does anyone have a list, btw?  I could exhume my old copy of Elite
> > for it, but I'd have to find a 5.25" disk drive first :-)

Well, I can run the original binaries for the MSX, and I think I have
the original ones for ZX-Spectrum and Elite+ for the PC somewhere.

> What about asking Elite/copyright holders for permision? I doubt Debian

There are two copyright holders for the original Elite Game. You want to
contact the one who did NOT work in Elite Frontier.  I exchanged some emails
with him a few years ago.  He has an www page where you can find binaries of
the game and lots of nice Elite memories...

  Henrique Holschuh