Re: (Possible) menu code rewrite

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 03:10:44PM +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote (1.00):
> Hmmm. As I find it dangerous to log into X as root, I'd need to set up
> my user as a member of some 'admin' group, or I won't see the relevant
> entries in the menu structure. Bad, imho, as this is something a average
> new user won't do. (Or it would need an additional question at
> installation, like 'who is administrating this computer?', which would
> confuse new users (does this create special privileges for this admin
> user????). So I'd at least want to have the current behaviour as default

You know, Mac OS X actually handles this pretty well: the first user
account that's created is by default an "Admin" (which places them into
/etc/sudoers, and enables their UI sudo to work for them).  Every
additional user that's created is by default not an Admin, but can
easily be made one.

It doesn't seem that bad of an idea to make the Debian installer just
make the user account that's created on install be an admin by default.