Re: Why does modules.conf go in /etc, anyway?

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 10:15:59AM -0500, Scott Dier wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote:
> >	/var is _guaranteed_ to always be on the root partition
> Why?

Uh, a little context, maybe:

] I'd think we'd want three main choices:
]
]      /var is guaranteed to always be local (default)
]      /var is on the network, use /site-var for variable data wrt the network
]      /var is _guaranteed_ to always be on the root partition

*shrug*, I don't know if there's a reason for it. It can be handled
differently to the others, and is arguably slightly tidier if you do so.
It's probably not particularly likely outside of some sort "embedded"
setup that you could sensibly guarantee it.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''
                    -- http://www.angryflower.com/vegeta.gif