Customized keymap file (was: Wishlist for woody+1)

Moin Nikolai!
Nikolai Prokoschenko schrieb am Sunday, den 26. May 2002:

> (apart from KDE. I don't use it) which really doesn't support us poor
> users who have to use both German and Russian keyboard layouts - no
> English please :) I do have a custom de_ru keymap for X (console is even
> worse in this :((), which works half-way, but it's still a pain in the
> a** as I don't have dead keys available. And imagine, I'd like to also

That is a general problem, and was faced with it too ;) Could I see your
keymap? My is in on http://people.debian.org/~blade/ruEBde . Copied to
/etc/X11/xkb/symbols, you can switch setxkbmap to switch.
You can still use a keymap switching tool, bind the switch to a key
combination and switch on-the-fly. Non-latin-similar chars are a bit too
complicated too guess, and Euro is not supported, but it works-for-me.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter