Re: Virus Checking - COMPLETELY UNENCUMBERED!

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 07:56:00AM +1200, Matthew Grant wrote:
> Does ScannerDaemon (that GPLed java daemon) detect all the Klez worms
> reliably?  Or does its database need updating?  If clam AV is not
> algorithmically at fault, then it means we can go ahead and package it.

Frankly, it would be good if someone would add to the useful procmail
recipes a filter to remove any executable attachments from an email
outright or mark them as spam or delete them or something.  NOBODY should
be emailing an executable.  A zip maybe, an image okay.  An executable,
particularly a win32 executable is almost guaranteed to be a virus.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>               This end upside-down

<Knghtbrd> Yorick: no problem with indexed color palettes for images, as
           long as you can pick the palette
<Yorick> Obviously the people creating quake were colour-blind but that
         doesn't mean you have to be