writing a release announcement

Unless I've missed it and someone already did, it's about time to write
up a release announcement, no? Besides the stock boring numbers (this
many new packages, this many updated packages, yada yada), it should
surely mention crypto in main, the 4 new architectures, and some of the
most important new packages (any suggestions?). It could mention that we
have lsb support, though not yet full compliance. What else?

Some things from the woody release notes that we could mention include:

- apt pinning
- revamped task system
- standadization on debconf
- build dependencies!
- aptitude and deity as dselect replacements
- more secure initial install
- more i18n support, including fully translated boot-floppies

Potato release announcement: http://www.debian.org/News/2000/20000815
Woody release notes: http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/i386/release-notes/

--
see shy jo