Re: Quarteryearly reminder (ftpmaster delaying installation)

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 12:38:49PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 12:02:23PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Joel Baker wrote:
> > > Does it fail to comply with policy? I fail to see why code forked from a
> > > Debian package, core or otherwise, is any less worthy of inclusion that
> > > any other forked code - of which we have lots.
>
> > Forking our own packages makes us look like noncooperative fools.
>
> Ah -- and stalling unpopular ideas in incoming without even the courtesy
> of a straightforward rejection does not?

Wasn't Joey making this very point?

Where we could have a documented process and accountability, instead we
have arbitrary decrees, shrouded in some silly attempt at mystique.
It's amateurish.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    You should try building some of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    stuff in main that is