Re: [PORPOSAL] The current NM process impairs Debian quality

On 24 Apr 2002, Jeff Licquia wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 07:40, Manfred Wassmann wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > > You could also try to directly contact people who maintain packages that
> > > are related to your packages like in your case perhaps Jeff Licquia.
> >
> > Well, I did.
>
> Did I miss it, or did you contact someone else?

No you didn't miss anything, you had told me that you didn't have much
time and my AM jumped in, later I contacted the people who submitted the
bugs because they were already involved.  Then I tried to get listed on
the sponsor site again, but it was broken and nobody seemed to care.  So I
increased the severity of an appropriate bug and tagged it help so that
some developer, who actually has time to do the upload, would be notified.

I was pleased with your sponsoring my packages, as I was with everybody
else who did, but it seemed that you had more important things to do than
doing stupid uploads for me.  I don't have a problem with that.  I simply
don't fix any non-critical bugs anymore, that greatly reduces the need of
a sponsor;-)

> And whatever the answer, do you still need someone?

Currently Colin Watson is working on it.

> I can try to be a little more timely and responsive this time. :-)

I didn't have any problem with your responsiveness.  I do have a problem
with being hamstrung by the need of a sponsor which makes me ignore
non-critical bugs.