Re: Quarteryearly reminder (ftpmaster delaying installation)

Michael Piefel wrote:
> I think it is extremely bad style to delay package inclusion by such a
> long time-span. I didn't know that Debian maintainers weren't allow to
> package what they would deem reasonable, but that there are people
> behind the scenes who decide for us.

It is one thing for a debian developer to package what he deems
reasonable, after appropriate ITP messages, and quite another for a
debian developer to fork a core component of debian, which is a debian
native package. I for one am glad that the ftp admins seem to be leery
of giving this fork any legitimacy, although I wish they could be more
transparent[1] about it.

--
see shy jo

[1] REJECTED