Re: sid: libc6-2.2.5-4 kills vmware workstation 3.0

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 04:30:54PM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> First of all this isn't a Debian-specific change but a change in
> glibc. Second vmware isn't Debian. Third Debian goes about free
> software, vmware isn't. This is clearly the wrong list, either go to
> some vmware list or go to the glibc lists if you think it's a bug in
> glibc.

Okay. So now we're not going to discuss things because they are not
debian specific?

> And yes, I think vmware is a waste of processing power and
> bandwith. Those posts also waste my time.
>
> > Even though I haven't tried plex86 and bochs in about a year I've never
> > heard anyone run Windows XP, FreeBSD, etc on any of them.
> > Is it at all possible? Useable?
>
> I got GNU/Linux to boot on plex86. The Hurd doesn't work on it at the
> moment (plex86 development is a bit stalled at the moment). IMHO it's
> very usable, bochs is more stable but slower. For all supported
> systems read the documentation of the packages.

plex86 is Debian specific isn't it? Because, if it's not, I'm sure
plex86 got some mailing list where you can move this.

--
Peter Mathiasson, peter at mathiasson dot nu, http://www.mathiasson.nu
GPG Fingerprint: A9A7 F8F6 9821 F415 B066 77F1 7FF5 C2E6 7BF2 F228