Re: sid: libc6-2.2.5-4 kills vmware workstation 3.0

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 11:10:20AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Jeroen Dekkers (jeroen@dekkers.cx) wrote:
> > And yes, I think vmware is a waste of processing power and
> > bandwith. Those posts also waste my time.
>
> Filtering them out would save you more time, bandwidth and processing
> power than replying in the manner you do.  If your concern is with
> bandwidth, processing power and time then deleting based on a subject
> filter of 'vmware' would be the best solution.

That isn't my biggest concern.

> If you'd rather waste more of your time, bandwidth and processing power
> then continue to reply to posts which talk about vmware, or Oracle or
> any number of non-free-software that people use.

I don't think that advocating free software is a waste of those
things.

> I seriously doubt there is anything which could be done to stop the
> posts from being sent here short of moderating the list and having a
> moderator who thinks they shouldn't be here.  I don't think the list
> should be moderated myself, nor do I feel the posts are inappropriate.

I don't think it's wrong saying that if they want to keep using their
favourite non-free software they should post to some other
mailinglist and that if they want help from Debian they should use
free alternatives which are in Debian.

(Well, somebody thought saying that is such a bad thing that he asked
DAM to put my application on hold.)

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org