Re: localeconf package

On 16 Feb 2002 13:46:57 -0500
Jeff Licquia <licquia@debian.org> wrote:

> Try opening a terminal and doing something like "sudo ls <dir>", where
> <dir> is a directory only root can read.  If you see a directory
> listing, you're in business.  If not, then you probably need to set up
> sudo; check the /etc/sudoers file.
a working sudo ls is not enough... gnome-sudo is totally broken, IMO...
it needs to be able to execute /usr/lib/gnome-sudo/gnome-sudo-helper
as root, which is a script that is able to call *any* program... is just
like giving root access to /bin/sh

is it that difficult to use su instead of sudo? I think it is a lot
safer and a lot more user friendly

> > after opening its own gnomecc also... important to note, also,
> > that there's that fancy "Debian" "root", but there's also
> > one "*MISSINGNAME*" in which the X server's configuration
> > is shown (locale's is not... I instaled locale's after....)
>
> If you install the latest configlet-frontends, you should see that go
> away.  Running "update-configlets" as root should also do the trick.
will try

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |