Re: Trying to fix slang (xterm)

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 07:16:59PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 02:12:00AM -0800, Philip Brown wrote:
> > PS: The FAQ ITSELF recommends what I'm suggesting, and shows how to do
> > it without a recompile:
> >
> > Therefore, by the very same FAQ you cited, you should alter the xterm
> > App-Defaults file on debian to have termName be something other than
> > vanilla "xterm".
> No, I should see to it that Debian's xterm works for that majority of
> users, not those who bitch the loudest and possess the fewest clues.

You should see to it that debian's xterm config works for ALL users of
debian systems. "users" covers people who connect to debian systems, not
just people who run debian on their own desktops.
Right now, you have the "majority" covered. But you could cover 100% of
them by following the xterm FAQ recommendations.

The fact that you deliberately choose not to, shows a poor attitude towards
making debian the best it can be.

Nothing shows this off better than your own proud proclamation that you
ignored a direct request from the founder of Debian, Ian, to make xterm
configs more globally compatible.