Re: Trying to fix slang (xterm)

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 10:06:06PM -0800, Philip Brown wrote:
> It doesnt have to be incompatible.
> You could just toss out the conflicting stuff, and have the pure 'xterm'
> terminfo entry be something compatible with *both* versions.

I think that would probably break reverse-video altogether.

> >Furthermore, understand that XFree86 is the most widely deployed
> >implementation of the X Window System today.
>
> Do you REALLY want to bring up all the microsoft comparisons with "most
> widely deployed, so screw everyone else..."

I'm glad you mentioned that, because the X Consortium's version of xterm
has a BUG with respect to its reverse video handling.  Just read that
FAQ.

So, now you get to argue to me that I should support compatibility with
a widely-deployed bug.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Damnit, we're all going to die;
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    let's die doing something *useful*!