Re: State of debianutils

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> cum veritate scripsit:

> OTOH, I'm still suprised that more people don't subscribe to
> debian-bugs-dist and debian-devel-changes. 100% signal, no noise at all,
> and reading every bug report filed on every package in debian and every
> changelog entry (when one has time) is very useful.

Seconded.

After having been subscribed to debian-bugs-dist and debian-devel-changes
for a while, I really think it is quite a useful list.

debian-bugs-dist is much easier to read than trying to search through
the bugs list through bugs.debian.org (for me), and
debian-devel-changes is much useful in catching signs of some packages
which potentially will break other packages.

If a potential new maintainer is bitching/complaining/suggesting
whatever in debian-devel, I would suggest reading the two lists,
and do something.

Reading the two lists, it would be obvious that there is a *LOT* to
do.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4