Re: Some thoughts about problems within Debian

[I think it's quite interesting to see a a thread develop upon Adrian's
original post where many people add something to this discussion but no one
bothers to answer to Mike's mail below, which IMO is a good idea.]

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 12:03:15AM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> Debian is too big.

Depends on what you call Debian.

> Split it up in 'core' (must fit easily on one CD) and 'added value'
> (the other 21 CDs). Release seperately. Release often. 'core' must

I agree completely. With our current testing setup this shouldn't be too
difficult to do.

> Now I'll go back hiding in my shell since I obviously have
> no idea what I am talking about ;)

I beg to disagree since I think you know what you are talking about pretty
well. Besides I think I also should go hiding now. :-)

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De