Re: Some thoughts about problems within Debian

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.33.0201031727520.1335-100000@gradall.private.brainfood.com>,
Adam Heath  <doogie@debian.org> wrote:
>Sure, everyone agrees.  This has been hashed over and over and over.  Talking
>about it doesn't help.  Solve the problem.

Debian is too big.

Split it up in 'core' (must fit easily on one CD) and 'added value'
(the other 21 CDs). Release seperately. Release often. 'core' must
have all packages up-to-date, 'added value' simply uses the packages
from the previous release for packages that have RC bugs filed
against them.

Now I'll go back hiding in my shell since I obviously have
no idea what I am talking about ;)

Mike.