Re: EURO and CENT signs in the console keymaps

Hi!

I'm using this discussion for the RFC for a bug/feature I'm
experiencing regarding the EURO-symbol. I still didn't get the
euro-sign to work in console, but that doesn't bother me because I do
almost everything under X.

When I use a iso8859-15 font in xterm, the euro will display
correctly, but I can't enter it on the commandline, it only
beeps. However, when I use 'read' and then enter AltGr-e, it works ok.
However if I set LANG or LC_CTYPE to 'de_AT@euro' it no longer beeps,
and nothing shows up using 'read'. Also an emacs started with that env
setting doesn't do anything on AltGr-e (without that setting,
everything's OK: ¤, see ;-)).

Does anybody experience something similiar? I want to set LC_CTYPE to
de_AT@euro, because that enables the EURO-sign in gnucash.

Thx for any hints,
        Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Dru@ICQ        | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Georg-Rendlweg 28        | A-5111 Bürmoos | Austria       | Europe