Re: BitKeeper

tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> OK, perhaps the relicensing rule is not non-free; I'm less sure of
> that.  But the outright prohibition of certain modifications certainly
> kills it.

I only talked about the relicensing issues. I'm sorry it wasn't clear
by my quoting (I can see that my quotes could easily be misunderstood)

> 1) Regardless of whether various legislatures have redefined the word
>    "terrorism" to include illegal breaking into computers, I don't
>    accede to their craziness.  Wrong, perhaps, but not terrorism.

I think I learned the word terrorism in relation to the European
terrorism in the 70's. I am quite aware that it has nothing to do with
the paranoia of today.

You idea reminds me about that kind of terrorism.

Når folk spørger mig, om jeg er nørd, bliver jeg altid ilde til mode
og svarer lidt undskyldende: "Nej, jeg bruger RedHat".
                                -- Allan Olesen på dk.edb.system.unix