Re: EURO and CENT signs in the console keymaps

In article <[🔎] 20020103201446.GB30127@lagavulin.sappho.net>,
Ari Makela  <hauva@arska.org> wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 04:23:24PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
>> As far as I know most keyboards don't have an AltGr key..
>
>In North America that's probably correct (what would they do with it?)
>but it's essential with European languages with the possible exception of
>British English.

Well, in the Netherlands almost everyone uses a US keyboard. I don't
think I can remember when I last saw a Dutch keyboard, if ever. If
I need a é or an ë, which are about the only accented characters we
use, I use the compose key. Which isn't on the keyboard either, so
it's application dependant. In vim it's ctrl-k.

That kind of sucks. Is there a standard compose key in X?
[clickety click trying out all kinds of keys combo's]

Wait, on my 104-key kbd the right windows key acts as a compose key!
Hmm, I can compose almost any accented character with it, except,
ofcourse, a Euro symbol .. would have expected that under e= but
it doesn't work.

My head hurts ..

Mike.