Re: Sylpheed BUG on "autodetect codeset" Re: libglib1.2 falling behind libgtk1.2??

On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 01:32, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     Akira> Hmm, it's strange... I'm using GTK+ a long time, but
>     Akira> fortunately I have not falled on it once.  IIRC
>     Akira> --enable-debug was not specified until -3. it meaning is
>     Akira> 'minimum'. so that I turned back this option at -7.  so
>     Akira> please try 1.2.10-7 again. right now there is 1.2.10-7 on
>     Akira> incoming.
>
>     Junichi> I have checked by installing different versions of
>     Junichi> libgtk1.2, that 1.2.10-6 causes sylpheed to not to be
>     Junichi> able to auto-detect the codeset on send.  1.2.10-7 does
>     Junichi> not have that problem.
>
> I had turned off --enable-debug=minumum a long time ago at the request
> of the GTK+ team.  It seems to change a *LOT* of internals, and makes
> it difficult to diagnose problems when program #1 doesn't work on
> Debian but does on Red Hat.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Ben

Solution to that would be to have it turned on on development releases
of debian and turn it off when it finally is released, or at least
frozen.

But besides that, does this have anything to do with why gdk is getting
window destruct calls and unknown attribute errors from gtk programs?
Because if it isn't then i dont see why the thread should have been
mutated to this specific problem.