Re: Debian Conference 2

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 23:34, Andres Seco Hernandez wrote:
> Probably we need a standard method to decide each year where to do the
> Debian Conference.
>
> A two phase aproach can be valid, i think.
> First, some people interested in collaborate in the organization can offer
> their options.
> Second, some days to allow the people to vote that real options.

Firstly, why limit ourselves to one conference a year?  I could attend more
than one if there are conferences in different regions, and if you have
regional conferences then you get the people who aren't prepared to travel
far.

Secondly I think we should seriously consider options such as OLS.  For
conferences with a similar technical stand to Debian we can just have several
Debian developers offer presentations (and I'm sure we can get a few official
slots at any conference if we try hard enough).  Then we publicise the Debian
developers who are giving presentations and encourage Debian people to
attend.  If 100+ Debian people attend we can then get facilities for Debian
BOF's etc (as you always can if there are a large number of people at a
conference interested in a particular sub-topic).