Re: woody is getting worse...

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 11:43:03AM +0100, Nick Phillips wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 01:09:53AM -0700, Adam McKenna wrote:
>
> > > So we should throw out testing because this particular bug slipped
> > > through?
> >
> > No, we should stop bugs like this from getting through, because they degrade
> > the value of testing.
> >
> > > Don't worry, I do indeed regret that this bug made it into testing, if
> > > for no other reason than that all the personal attacks are exasperating.
> >
> > For the record, I'm not personally attacking you, I just happen to think you
> > made a bad decision by letting this bug slip into testing.
>

> That's what testing is *for*. It's for making sure that oversights and
> things that "should work" really do; for catching the slip-ups before the
> majority of users get hit by them.

But in this case, the bug was caught in unstable, not in testing.  Two weeks
passed without a fix, and the bug was not marked as RC, so the package was
put into testing.  I don't think this should have happened.  You are, of
course, free to disagree with me.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>