Re: ddtp: new notifications mails, opt-in or opt-out?

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 04:06:49PM +0200, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> IIRC, you mentioned yesterday you were subscribed to 100 mailing lists which you read in 2 hours. With an
> average of 50 mes./day on a mailing list, that leaves us with 5000 emails.
> 5000/120 makes it to 40 messages a minute. So you reach the average of 1.5 s
> per message. You're damn good ! I really 'd like to know how you make it. Even
> if you drop all the messages, you're at 3s/msg.

Except it doesn't really work like that. I'm on 10 lists but only two of
them would reach even 10 messages per day. I don't know the exact statistics,
but you'd need at least 20 of debians smallest lists to equal debian-devel.
That means you can be on 21 lists and not even double your volume.

Not many lists make 50/day.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/