Re: ddtp: new notifications mails, opt-in or opt-out?

Quoting Christian Kurz (shorty@debian.org):
> > > I'm against calling an informal agreement made on debian-devel a
> > > consensus.
>
> > Sounds you are changing the definition of consensus then.
>
> No, but I don't think that you can call an informal agreement by about
> 10-20 people discussing something on debian-devel a consensus for
> Debian. Especially since we have a lot more developers and a consensus
> should have been discussed or agreed by at least a quarter of the
> developers.

Sorry, but this is how Debian has operated since the early days.
If we would constantly call for formal votes all day long, no more
productive work would be done. Everybody had his chance to voice
his opinion.

Cheers
  Mike

ScioByte GmbH
Michael Neuffer                            Phone:    +49 6131 540117
Zum Schiersteiner Grund 2                  Fax:      +49 6131 6109916
55127 Mainz                                Mobile:   +49 171  1406664
Germany                                    Mail: neuffer@sciobyte.com
GPG: 1024D/2A4697BD BC50 E6C6 42F8 144D 8794 E889 FA58 F882 2A46 97BD

People often think of research as a form of development -- that it's
about doing exactly what you planned, doing it on time, and doing it
with resources that you said you'd use.  But if you're going to do
that, you have to know what you are doing, and if you know what you
are doing, it isn't really research."
             --Dave Liddle, The New Yorker, Feb. 23/Mar.2, 1998, p84