Re: How to package programs that make use of a database?

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 04:05:09PM -0500, Scott Dier wrote:
> * Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> [011005 14:52]:
> > What's the cost of a small s/390 box these days?
>
> Too much for what x86 costs are for small shops, you might beable to
> migrate lots of existing users to one.  One of the guys on our lug list
> who runs real-time.com did some calculations, but I don't remember if he
> published them.  He couldn't make it work out money wise.

IBM have been hanging round the uni I work at recently trying to interest
departments in co buying one to make it more cost effective.

>From what I gather after talking to some people at ibm and other people, the
costs work out at about AUD $1000 per machine once you have an s390 with 1000
hosts inside it.

Take this with some salt though.

        See You
            Steve