Re: vim 6.0 packages

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 12:42:29AM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
| yep. it usually happened on a system that i'd just built, then i needed
| to edit a config file and ran "vi"...noticed that it's nvi rather than
| vim, so quit and "apt-get install vim vim-rt" while i'm thinking of it.
| then run vi again and remember "doh! gotta purge nvi too".

I habitually type 'vim' and remember immediately if it isn't installed
yet.  I developed this habit because the Solaris machine at school has
"Version SVR4.0, Solaris 2.5.0" as 'vi' and vim is installed as 'vim'.
Hmm, interesting, if I type 'vi' on my debian box I actually get vim
(I never tried before).

-D