Re: vim 6.0 packages

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 08:50:47AM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > it would also be nice for vim to have a higher alternatives
> > precedence than nvi.
>
> It does. I just tested. Nvi uses 30, vim 120.

good, that must have changed.

> > i often have to install vim on a system, then run "vi" and find i'm
> > in nvi rather than vim. yuk!
>
> Are you sure you don't have an alias or script earlier in the path? Or
> possibly you've got vim-tiny? Or you've picked up one of the i18nized
> nvi packages (I'm not sure what priorities they've been assigned.)

yep. it usually happened on a system that i'd just built, then i needed
to edit a config file and ran "vi"...noticed that it's nvi rather than
vim, so quit and "apt-get install vim vim-rt" while i'm thinking of it.
then run vi again and remember "doh! gotta purge nvi too".

now i just habitually purge nvi when i install vim.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.