Re: vim 6.0 packages

On 28-Sep-01, 17:22 (CDT), Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 03:29:39PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Not needed, I'll settle for Essential: yes :)
>
> good idea :)
>
> it would also be nice for vim to have a higher alternatives precedence
> than nvi.

It does. I just tested. Nvi uses 30, vim 120.

> i often have to install vim on a system, then run "vi" and find i'm in
> nvi rather than vim. yuk!

Are you sure you don't have an alias or script earlier in the path? Or
possibly you've got vim-tiny? Or you've picked up one of the i18nized nvi
packages (I'm not sure what priorities they've been assigned.)

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net>