Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On 01-09-24 Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Sep 24, Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> wrote:
>
>  >So you want to force everyone who is interested in running this chroot
>  >to use a kernel 2.4.x at least? That's in my opinion a not acceptable
> Yes, since managing a chroot environment without bind mounts is way

It maybe harder, but that's not a good reason to force system
administrator to run a kernel 2.4.x for having the bind debian package
chrooted. The reason which kernel version is used on a server should
always belong to the admin and should never be imposed by some software.

> harder and IMO cannot easily/correctly be done by a package.

Why not? What do you think makes that part so difficult?

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)