Re: gs in sid very outdated

Alan Shutko wrote:

> "Keith G. Murphy" <keithmur@mindspring.com> writes:
>
> > is a 5.10 that *does*!  Seems to me it's keeping up with drivers, not gs
> > versions, that may be the real problem.
>
> In this case, GNU GS 6.50 has nearly all the versions people want
> built-in.

Hmmm, downloaded 6.51 from SourceForge, and still don't see stp.

> I think it's only missing gimp-print.

Well gs' stp driver was developed conjointly (is that a word?) with
gimp-print, so that explains it, I guess.

I thought gimp-print was only a plug-in for gimp, but the its drivers
were developed to be usable by gs as well.  Is that wrong, or were you
just shorthanding?

> > While I'm idly wishing, wouldn't it be neat if gs could be more
> > modular?
>
> Indeed, it would, and the GS people are working on it.  8^)  Go to
> http://www.ghostscript.com and help out!

Thanks for the info.  I'll see what a C sub-hacker might be able to do.