Re: start-stop-daemon

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Certainly not, any process can change its name at will, it simply is
> not a useful way to identify a process.

Yes - a process can even migrate over the network and hide on the dark
side of the moon. But usually it doesn't happen. So it'd be nice if the
basic behaveour'd be covered. And if a daemon doesn't behave that way it's
still up to the maintainer to provide an alternative way to find the
process that has hidden behind the moon. Just my 0.5$
*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11