gs in sid very outdated

Hello,

I am starting wondering, if I missed something, but each time when I check gs
in sid, it is 5.5 and the aladdin version is 6.0

I am wondering why ghostscript is so out of date in Debian. E.g. new hpinkjet
drivers are included in gs 6.51 and are supposed to be very useful with HP
inkjet printers. Are all the developers using postscript printers or is
nobody using Debian on the desktop (well, even for a server the drivers would
make sense...).

But I still think I missed something, and people are not using gs any more
for printing....

Thanks, Rainer.