Re: gs in sid very outdated

#include <hallo.h>
Rainer Dorsch wrote on Wed Aug 15, 2001 um 10:14:04AM:

> I am wondering why ghostscript is so out of date in Debian. E.g. new hpinkjet
> drivers are included in gs 6.51 and are supposed to be very useful with HP

If you wish to have an upgrade version, you should tell it to the
maintainer or file a wishlist bug. Oh wait, I just met him on IRC and
let him know. Wait for a new version.

> inkjet printers. Are all the developers using postscript printers or is
> nobody using Debian on the desktop (well, even for a server the drivers would
> make sense...).

Probably many people are allready using CUPS and gimp-print drivers.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
If you can't view this e-mail, <a href="foo">click here.</a>