Re: [users] Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 01:02:41AM -0700, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> would it be possible or more feasible to have the entire LSB as being a
> chroot, so it can have its own libraries, and its orn init.d scripts,
> and not have to even bother with worrying about the rest of the system
> at all?

that is an interesting idea, I ponder taking it to another level.

LSB will have an example distribution, could you have a UML environment in
which this distribution runs, thus any apps that want lsb stuff just run
inside UML, I know in practice it is not really doable (especially as UML is
only so far on powerpc and x86) however it is a cute idea.

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh/