Re: upgrading only urgency=high packages

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 09:54:17PM -0400, Dan Christensen wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
>
> > If you don't mind downloading the packages, you can just use
> > apt-listchanges.  It will sort its output by urgency, and you can use that
> > information to decide which packages to install.
>
> But I want the list of urgency=high packages to be generated and installed
> automatically.
>
> Even if I didn't want to do this automatically, apt-listchanges doesn't give
> me a way to tell apt to install just some of the proposed packages.  This
> would be a great (orthogonal) feature, but would probably be tricky to
> implement.  (I dare you to prove me wrong, though!)

Ah, ok.  That definitely sounds more like a database application to me.  While
apt-listchanges does gather this information as it reads the changelogs,
there's no easy way to get the information back into apt, at least not when
running from inside it.  If you were to run apt-listchanges manually on a set
of .debs, it could launch apt-get install for packages of a certain urgency.
That's getting a little far outside the scope of the tool, though.  And
besides, it's a little silly to have to download every changed package just to
do this calculation.

--
 - mdz