Re: upgrading only urgency=high packages

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 08:38:23PM -0400, Dan Christensen wrote:

> These ideas sound great to me.  In case they don't get implemented, or until
> they do, would it be hard to cook up a script that does what I want, even if
> it involves downloading the packages to see the changelogs?

If you don't mind downloading the packages, you can just use apt-listchanges.
It will sort its output by urgency, and you can use that information to decide
which packages to install.

> Can I get apt to print out the .deb's it is going to install?  Something like
> "apt-get -s dist-upgrade | grep Inst", but with output suitable for
> apt-listchanges.  This would be enough for me to cook up something, I think,
> although it would be a bit awkward.

In fact, apt-listchanges will do this for you.  Install (or dpkg-reconfigure)
it, and answer "Yes" to the debconf question asking whether it should run
automatically from apt.  If you don't want it to do this all the time, just
change it back after you're finished.

You could also add an apt.conf entry to get apt to print the filenames to
stdout; see the apt.conf.d entry for debconf or apt-listchanges for hints.

--
 - mdz