Re: upgrading only urgency=high packages

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 08:38:23PM -0400, Dan Christensen wrote:
>
> > These ideas sound great to me.  In case they don't get implemented, or until
> > they do, would it be hard to cook up a script that does what I want, even if
> > it involves downloading the packages to see the changelogs?
>
> If you don't mind downloading the packages, you can just use apt-listchanges.
> It will sort its output by urgency, and you can use that information to decide
> which packages to install.

But I want the list of urgency=high packages to be generated and installed
automatically.

Even if I didn't want to do this automatically, apt-listchanges
doesn't give me a way to tell apt to install just some of the proposed
packages.  This would be a great (orthogonal) feature, but would
probably be tricky to implement.  (I dare you to prove me wrong,
though!)

(I already use apt-listchanges, and am a big fan of it, by the way.
Thanks for such a great tool.)

Dan