Re: A question about update-excuses (was Re: testing is broken)

* James Troup

| Tollef Fog Heen <tollef@add.no> writes:
|
| > iirc, the sparc buildd checks the atime of all the installed packages
| > and gives a warning if the atime of a file in a package which isn't in
| > build-essential is changed.
|
| That's not specific to the sparc buildd; they all do that, it's a
| feature Roman implemented.  However, it's not perfect[1] and the
| burden of work is in the wrong place[2].

Ok, I had only noticed it in the sparc buildd's logs.  I agree that it
places the burden on the wrong shoulders - however, I think it might
be easier if one could have a more automatic way of building the
packages in a stripped chroot.

I'll see if I can implement something like that..

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.