Re: A question about update-excuses (was Re: testing is broken)

> Looking at the m68k Packages files for unstable, we see these packages
> dependencies look like:

> idle-python2 Depends: python2-tk (>= 2.0-6)
> python2-examples Depends: python2-base (>= 2.0-6)
> python2-regrtest Depends: python2-base (>= 2.0-6)

> python2-tk and python2-base are out of date on m68k and can't meet those
> dependencies though. Ain't arch: all package skew great? There's a similar
> problem with perl.

Thanks for the explanations. In the update-excuses for python2, I see

* out of date on m68k: python2-base, python2-dev, python2-tk,
  python2-xmlbase (from 2.0-4) (but m68k isn't keeping up, so ignoring this
  problem)

The "ignoring this problem" is because automatic builds are not keeping up
with m68k I guess. Does this mean, python2 would have been installed despite
m68k being out of date except for the fact that it causes some packages to
be uninstallable?

Ganesan

--
R. Ganesan (rganesan@novell.com)       | Ph: 91-80-5731856 Ext: 2149
Novell India Development Center.       | #include <std_disclaimer.h>